Friday, October 18, 2013

Elegant Vampire Look for Halloween or Photoshoots



Step 1, Porcelain skin:  I start out with a primer, today I am using Hard Candy's primer. It's really silky smooth and covers over everything without needing too much.  After, I use Almay's Clear Complexion for the first layer of foundation.  I prefer this brand because it has Sasylic Acid to help fight back acne.  Next, to really get that perfect, flawless skin, I add another layer of foundation.  This is L'Oreal's matte mousse.  I use it mainly on the areas where blemishes or flaws are easier to see, so mostly the nose and cheeks, blending into the neck and chin a little.  Because I am naturally pale, I already use the lightest shades both companies make.  Next we're going to set the look.  NYC Loose Powder in translucent is the best, but it does tend to get a little messy.  Just blend all over! You can never look too pale!

Step 2, The Eyes:  To save on time (which didn't help at all and I ended up having to speed the whole video up), I did the first eye already.  With an eye shadow applicator apply a nice matte cream color all over the lower lid, adding an extra layer on the inside corner and center.  Next, take a light mocha color with a round brush and follow the curve of your eyelid to really get that sunken in look.  I like to wing mine out for a more seductive look.  Next take a darker brown and just gently place in the out corner to really define the curve.  Bring that shadow applicator back and use a white to highlight the brow area, this will really help set the sunken and sullen look we just created with the brown.

Next the eyeliner! I use an waterproof eyeliner by Wet'n'Wild, but I do not suggest it if you are inexperienced with liquid liners. Use a felt tip liner if you are still a beginner.  I like to start a thin line on the inside corner and slowly make it slightly wider as I come into the middle.  I start the wing next and meet back in the center with the first line we started, filling in the gaps and spaces we left.  Make sure they look even!  If you have a really hard time with matching, go ahead and use the old trick of tape to create a perfect wing.

For the bottom, I got my red pencil from Hottopic but they discontinued the Morbid line and now use Blackheart.  Any red pencil will work so long as it is soft and truly red.  Next use that round smaller brush and take an orange-y red shadow to fan out, soften, and set the red eyeliner.  Really go up into that outside corner to keep the look of blood induced tear ducts.  Next use a white pencil for your water line, my pencil is a Korean brand I can't read. ;[ oops.  The white I am BLENDING with any red that got in there to create an orange/pink look, really getting that blood look but still opening up your eyes more.  Take the same black liner and LIGHTLY follower your lash line.  It looks solid now, but once we add the mascara, it'll break up the liner.

Mascara! My only non-cheap make up piece here is my Benefit Big Gal Lash mascara, but you can get the little travel size for ten bucks.  I brush this along the bottom lashes to break up the liner and define the eyelashes.  A cheat for Benefit, is Maybelline's Full'n'Soft mascara, which I used on the top after curling the lashes.

Now for my photo shoot I actually used false lashes, but I didn't have any for this tutorial and it still turned out pretty seductive.  So do whatever you are comfortable with.  But I wouldn't suggest 'overly extravagant' lashes. You still want that elegant, modern vamp look.

For the dots, I just used the tip of the eyeliner.  You can do the dots or not.  It's sort of a signature feature for me.

Step 3, Contorting: I still want the vamp dead look, so I am using a darker matte brown for my cheeks with an angled brush.  Apply UNDER the cheek bones, suck em in if you can't find those bones.  And then blending up into the hairline. It might seem dark now, but in photographs it comes out really nice.  You can blend for wearing either with your hands or a kabuki brush.  Make sure your cheeks look even.  With a lighter brown, just follow the sides of your nose, to really define it out of all that porcelain skin.  Then highlight the bridge with a streak of white down the middle.

Step 4, The Lips: If you have custom fangs like I do, or even premades, put them in first! It really does make a big difference when applying your lipstick.  So I am using Jordana brand for the lips.  I have a lip liner in burgundy that I am lining and slightly filling my lips with, top and bottom.  Next use a bright red and fill in the centers of your lips first, working your way out.  Once that is done, you can start blending the bright red with the dark wine color until it is an even, smooth looking transition.

Now you are done!  Style hair accordingly to your fancies and prepare to amaze people with this flawless look. :-*  Good luck, fellow vamps!

No comments: