Monday, December 3, 2012

Hello Again!

Promised I'd try and update more, right! The keyboard setting on this app isn't very sensitive though, so forgive me if I make any typing errors. It's mainly the space bar. Remember when your old REAL life keyboard would start to die, or you dropped chips in it like I often use to, and you would feel it necessary to just beat the shit out of whatever key so much as dared not work?! Haha that's I feel about the space bar on the app! But it seems to be doing well in landscape mode.

Well, here I am at my local job. It's busy with holiday shoppers all around me, but no one pays any mind to me. Instead I get to people watch and listen to this insane stuff they call 'Christmas music'. It's a little bitter sweet you could say. Or maybe it's just the soft singing of 'have yourself a merry little Christmas' that is making me feel a little nostalgic. I see couples, families, good friends just strolling by. Getting gifts or spoiling themselves. From this distance, they all seem so happy! So care free! The only thing they know is that it's the holidays, an excuse to go shopping.

Then you have my side of it! I'm here having to entice them to buy stuff, assist them in picking it out, ringing them up, answering their questions!
No, I don't do gift wrap.
Yes, we have glitter.
No, I don't do nails like the poster we have and NO I don't know how they did it.
Do you want a bag/box/receipt with that?

Ha ha ha. Sure does make for a long, tiring day of not being mentally stimulated. I get here and I am immediately bored out of my mind. Even though I should be studying for my barbering exam coming up this Wednesday, I'm so bored that none of it makes any sense to me! I end up reading all the answers I get wrong and wonder how I got it wrong ever. I digress though. I guess when I'm at this part of work I tend to let my mind day dream. And with the holiday music playing softly over the sound system, it's not hard to day dream of romantic cuddles, a fire place and some hot chocolate while the snow falls silently just outside the window.

You can send the girl to paradise, but her mind will always wander back to the snowy mountains!

Brrrr! I got a chill just thinking about it!

Anyways! I'm getting really anxious for Christmas, for a day off with my family and food! We always have fights on the holidays, but it's family tradition. We play card games, exchange gifts, listen/watch football. My mom and I watch movies. And this year we're trying something a little different, since we live on the island away from family. Guess we're inviting friends over too. Who knows if they'll show up! But either way we'll be decked out in holiday glitz and glam! With a bottle (or three) of booze in our hands! We don't have a big tree, it's actually an embarrassing one to tell the truth, but it SMELLS like winter.

I'm just glad to be sharing it with my mom and sisters once again. The two Christmases I spent away from them was so lonely and unspecial. Christmas is definitely family time. I may not have someone special to share it with last year or this year either, but I've got my main ladies! Maybe I'm not ready to share a Christmas with an outsider anyhow! Haha. I'll just put on my favorite Christmas movie (White Christmas, Home Alone, Meet Me In St. Louis. hey dont judge! its got a Christmas scene!) and snuggle up with princess Zoola and be perfectly content.

Maybe have a mug of hot cocoa and peppermint schnapps too ; )

Either way! I'm ready for the holiday to start already! Bring on the folly!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I wish you lived closer. I'm making the yummiest trifle this Christmas O.O